My incredible sister Jenny donated a kidney to a stranger a few weeks ago, and her generosity has inspired me to join her on a fundraising marathon bike ride. I haven't been on a bike for several years, but have set myself the challenge of riding from London to Paris in September 2011. Follow my blog to encourage me in my training! Please visit my fundraising page to read more about why I am doing this, and to help us to change lives. http://www.justgiving.com/WendyPowell
Wednesday, 11 May 2011
Training - week 1
I have to confess that the first time I pulled my old bike out from under the tarpaulin and looked at the flat tyres and rust, I was tempted to back out of the whole plan. However, cleaned up and with various child seats removed, it actually looked quite rideable, so I bravely set off for my first ride. 9 miles later and I wasn't at all sure it was a good idea. However, after a shortish ride Sunday morning, Jenny came to Southampton to join me for a longer run, and we managed 12 miles, so pretty proud of ourselves for our first week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Go girls!! May your routes be smooth and your saddles well cushioned!!
ReplyDelete